Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Unity

Why do people join gangs? Sometimes it is to feel that they belong, and spend time with people that they enjoy being with. People like them. That is why I have joined different organizations and clubs, to spend time with people like me. People dedicated to academics and helping the community, that's why I joined the National Honors Society Board. To become leaders in our Spanish language, that is why I became president of the National Spanish Honor Society. And to spend time with creative and artistic people, is why I joined Art club and band!

Being part of NHS keeps me engaged with other students like me. People that come from diverse backgrounds, and care about their academics and community involvement. That is also another reason I engaged in NSHS. This society also becomes involved with the Hispanic community, and encourages the use of the Spanish language. In both of these organizations, I feel like a leader. My peers are people I enjoy being involved with when we do community service, and we all have a similar goal in life, to succeed.

A club that is a big part of me is Art club. I am the vice president, and feel that with our creativity, we can achieve more than we have. In this club, many students are like me in the way that they enjoy art and might even see it as a way of life. They are enthused by it. In band, there are also many creative peers. In this group many students are like me, because they enjoy music! The band is like a gang, we are a family, specially during marching band season. We are engaged with one another from July until May.

During Marching Band season, band camp takes place. All of these people whom enjoy playing music, or as I do, spin flags to its rhythm, have a great time. The long hours we put into a show and the dedication brings us closer than other organizations. After Marching band, Concert band keeps us together. These people are very fun to be with and seem like me in several aspects. The band at Omaha South is diverse. Many people are into other kinds of arts like visual, theater and choir. This shows peoples creative power, and that is what they like. As many do, I enjoy all arts. In band, we all work towards the same goals: having fun and putting on a great show for the audience.

The organizations and clubs that I join, I join for many reasons. Some are that there will be students with the same interests as me in the club, and that their personality will make me enjoy my experience. Clubs start being part of my life when there are people that I can relate to and they will contribute to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment